A golden opportunity awaits the GOP
An urban legend put out by the liberal press says that in the late 1960s the Republican Party embarked on a so-called “southern strategy” and exchanged a century-old core constituency of the party, African-Americans, for the support of what was once the Democratic “Solid South.” The only problem, as with most urban legends, is that it is simply not true.
Even if the above narrative is not in fact true, some 85-90% of the black vote today routinely goes to the Democrats, despite the fact that famous African-American personages from Frederick Douglass to Martin Luther King were members of the Republican Party. However, Wisconsin — the state in which the Republican Party was founded — may be about to hand the Democrats a shock which will herald the historic constituency’s return.
Read more by Avner Zami at PJmedia.com
- The Party of Civil Rights
- Exclusive: Republicans Get Serious About African American Outreach
- Ayn Rand - Southern Racists & the Civil Rights Movement
- The Racist History of the Democratic Party
- The GOP’s unheralded role in black history
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.