His efforts have significantly boosted the RNC’s fundraising haul.
At the end of 2010, as Michael Steele’s tenure as chairman was drawing to a close, the Republican National Committee’s prospects looked bleak. The organization was $23 million in debt, despite the enthusiasm and grassroots energy that had propelled the GOP to historic electoral gains.
But in the past year and a half, with the RNC under the leadership of Reince Preibus, the fundraising dynamic has completely changed. In May, for instance, the RNC raised $34 million, $14 million more than the DNC raised in the same period. And the RNC had $61 million in cash on hand to the DNC’s $31 million.
“It’s a matter of rebuilding trust and credibility at the committee,” says Priebus. “And I would say that any time that you need to do that, that’s a pretty tough place to be. That’s where we were.”
Read more by Katrina Trinko at National Review
- Ed Gillespie says Reince Priebus ‘saved’ the RNC
- Bus Tour in Franklin with Priebus, Courtney and Johnson
- GOP legally barred from fighting vote fraud
- How Much of Obama’s $181 Million September Haul Was Illegal?
- 1st District Fall Fest on Sat Sept 22
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.