For those who need proof that the Senate was a do-nothing chamber in 2011 beyond the constant partisan bickering and failure to pass a federal budget, there is now hard evidence that it was among the laziest in 20 years.
In her latest report, Secretary of the Senate Nancy Erickson revealed a slew of data that put the first session of the 112th Senate at the bottom of Senates since 1992 in legislative productivity, an especially damning finding considering that it wasn’t an election year when congressional action is usually lower.
Read more by Paul Bedard at washingtonexaminer.com
- Sen Ron Johnson Comments on Funding Votes Held in the Senate
- 1250 Days Without A Budget
- Why the US Senate needs to return to requiring supermajorities
- Democrat Voters Confused: “I Didn’t Realize I Would Be The One Who Was Going to Pay For It Personally”
- Senate Republicans Develop The Most Credible Plan Yet To ‘Repeal And Replace’ Obamacare
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.