For those who need proof that the Senate was a do-nothing chamber in 2011 beyond the constant partisan bickering and failure to pass a federal budget, there is now hard evidence that it was among the laziest in 20 years.
In her latest report, Secretary of the Senate Nancy Erickson revealed a slew of data that put the first session of the 112th Senate at the bottom of Senates since 1992 in legislative productivity, an especially damning finding considering that it wasn’t an election year when congressional action is usually lower.
Read more by Paul Bedard at washingtonexaminer.com
- America’s Do-Nothing (Democrat) Senate
- Days Without A Democrat Budget
- 1250 Days Without A Budget
- Why the US Senate needs to return to requiring supermajorities
- 900 Days Since Senate Democrats Offered Budget Plan Is National Disgrace
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.