Cardinal Dolan thought he heard Barack Obama pledge respect for the Catholic Church’s rights of conscience. Then came the contraception coverage mandate.
The president of the U.S. Conference of Bishops is careful to show due respect for the president of the United States. “I was deeply honored that he would call me and discuss these things with me,” says the newly elevated Cardinal Timothy Dolan, archbishop of New York. But when Archbishop Dolan tells me his account of their discussions of the ObamaCare birth-control mandate, Barack Obama sounds imperious and deceitful to me.
Read more By JAMES TARANTO at Wall Street Journal
- Obama plays his Catholic allies for fools
- Why is Barack Obama even running for President?
- Obama has shown how a future GOP president can gut Obamacare
- Is President Obama A Pathological Liar?
- Morgan Freeman Says Obama Is Not First Black President
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.