Eighty-five Illinois Lottery winners last week probably thought they were lucky — until they tried to cash in their winnings, that is.
Their checks, totaling $159,000 in lottery winnings, were no good.
Two days after Christmas, Maureen Furio of Lake Zurich bought an instant scratch-off ticket and won $1000. The next day, she got a check from the lottery.
“I deposited it the same day and went ahead and paid some extra Christmas bills,” Furio says. “And Jan. 3, it bounced.”
Read more at chicago.cbslocal.com
- A tale of two states: Illinois vs. Wisconsin in the public pension debate
- A Wisconsin plan for Illinois?
- A Wonderful State with Zero Republicans
- Illinois may be looking to US taxpayers to pickup the tab for the state’s massive pension program
- Illinois Governor suspends lawmakers’ salaries in pension stalemate
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.