The federal budget process is broken; Washington stumbles from budget crisis to budget crisis, with little to no oversight of how government spends hardworking taxpayers’ money.
The incentives currently favor those who seek to increase government spending, and the result is a crushing burden of debt that is hurting economic growth today and threatening economic prosperity tomorrow.
The legislative action items detailed in this report would help lawmakers confront this crisis by:
* Creating new tools to cut wasteful spending while strengthening caps on borrowing and spending;
* Enhancing oversight while curbing practices that assume automatic spending increases; and
* Increasing transparency by forcing government to account more fully for all taxpayer liabilities.
To restore fiscal sanity in Washington, consider these 10 common-sense reforms:
by Cong. Paul Ryan and the House Republicans
- 900 Days Since Senate Democrats Offered Budget Plan Is National Disgrace
- TX Cong. Louie Gohmert Dissects the Budget Deal
- 900 Days Without A Senate Budget, video by Cong. Paul Ryan
- The GOP Budget and America’s Future
- Sen. Johnson: It’s a ‘national scandal’ that Democrats won’t pass a budget
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.