IBD Editorial, 7/18/2011
Scandal: Democrats who condemned our support of Nicaraguan freedom fighters in the ’80s now ignore administration gun-running that may have put American weapons in the hands of the Central American MS-13 gang.
As if “Project Gunrunner” and “Operation Fast and Furious” weren’t bad enough, we now learn of “Operation Castaway,” run out of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ Tampa field division. It’s another operation that allowed guns to “walk” south of the border, this time to Honduras, using similar techniques and tactics.
Rep. Gus Bilirakis, R-Fla., sent two letters a week ago to Attorney General Eric Holder and ATF Acting Director Kenneth Melsom inquiring about the program. He shouldn’t expect much. As commentator Brit Hume noted on “Fox News Sunday”: “The stench of cover-up on this gun-running operation is very strong indeed.”
- Email Confirms ‘Gunwalker’ Known Throughout Justice Department
- Mexican AG: “Obama More Involved In Fast & Furious Than Admitted!”
- Obama admin intimidating witnesses in ATF gun probe
- Fast And Furious: 22 Shocking Facts About The Scandal That Could Bring Down The Obama Administration
- Furiously unraveling, Gun scandal still growing
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.